Fiscal Sponsorship provides nonprofit umbrella status to artists and artistic projects without a 501(c)3 ruling from IRS. As a fiscal sponsor, NPN can assist you with accessing support through formal granting systems and private philanthropy.
- The NPN staff is happy to answer inquires and/or schedule a phone call with potential applicants for fiscal sponsorship.
- An applicant must complete an application that gives an overview of their artistic project.
- NPN seeks to sponsor artistic projects that are aligned with its mission and values.
- Applications are reviewed by the staff and forwarded to the board of directors for approval.
- Fiscal sponsorship agreements are in effect for one year and may be renewed annually.
As fiscal sponsor, NPN will:
practice Model A fiscal sponsorship (comprehensive)
receive 10% of the funds that goes through its accounts
accept tax-deductible contributions on behalf of the project
send acknowledgement letters to donors and funders
process check requests and pay vendors
provide financial statements
review grant proposals and final reports submitted under NPN’s name
provide grant writing coaching when possible
As a fiscally sponsored project, an artist and project leader will:
cultivate and manage relationships with donors
be responsible for generating income for their respective project
submit copies of grant proposals and final reports to NPN
follow NPN’s accounting procedures
review the financial reports received from NPN
For more information review a sample Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement: