Call for 2020 Conference Art
January 9, 2020 • 2 minute read
The National Performance Network (NPN) is pleased to announce an open call to Chicagoland artists. Chicago will be the host city for the NPN’s Annual Conference, December 8-11, 2020. One artist’s imagery will be chosen by a panel to serve as the conference logo, featured on NPN’s website, conference program, and other promotional outlets. The selected artist will receive a $300 award, free 2020 conference registration ($500 value), and recognition in conference materials.
Artist must primarily live and work in the Chicago area (Cook, Lake, McHenry, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Grundy, Will, Kankakee, and Porter Counties).
Usage + Guidelines
Submit up to 5 images of original artwork, images from performances or events, sites and scenes from Chicago, or other images to which you have rights. NPN works to advance racial and cultural justice in the arts, and we welcome submissions that demonstrate activism, social justice, or other progressive themes.
- Imagery/composition should be clear and simple to understand, as the graphic is often displayed at small sizes.
- While images will primarily be used in color, consider how the artwork may appear in black/white and grayscale, with sufficient contrast.
- The selected image will be used in a horizontal orientation, at approximately 16:9 ratio, in both digital and print contexts. The image may be overlaid with text promoting the conference and may be cropped by NPN to fit the format of promotional materials. Final images must be at least 2550 x 1425 pixels (300 dpi at 8.5” x 4.75”).
- NPN’s use of artwork will be limited to promotion of the 2020 conference through emails, website, and conference print materials (including postcards, brochures, schedules and signage).
See 2019 examples here: https://npnweb.org/npn-AC-ConferenceArtwork-Examples.pdf
- Submissions due March 1, 2020
- Notification by March 15, 2020
- If selected, print-quality image due by April 1, 2020.
To submit: complete a submission form here
Questions? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE NATIONAL PERFORMANCE NETWORK
The National Performance Network believes artists and arts organizations are essential for creating a just and sustainable world, and we believe communities deserve broad access to art and culture that reflect their own experiences and inform the experiences of others. NPN contributes to a more just and equitable world by building artists’ power; advancing racial and cultural justice in the arts; fostering relationship-building and reciprocity between individuals, institutions, and communities; and working towards systems change in arts and philanthropy.
NPN’s Annual Conference brings together 350+ artists, arts presenters, curators, funders, community organizers, and others to engage in spirited movement-building toward racial and cultural justice. We are pleased to be hosted in 2020 by the City of Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs & Special Events, Links Hall, the Museum of Contemporary Art, and a local host committee of artists and arts leaders across Chicagoland. Visit our most recent conference website here: https://npnweb.org/ac2019