National Performance Network provides support for established and emerging artists in the performing and visual arts.
- NPN provides funding directly to the NPN/VAN Partners (members) through its subsidy programs.
- NPN brings people together at the Annual Meeting and Mid-Year Meetings.
- NPN takes part in the conversation representing its segment of the contemporary arts field.
As an artist-centered network, NPN is deliberate in crafting its programs to reflect basic principles of equitable standards for artists while creating and touring their work. NPN has established a distinct yet inter-related cluster of Subsidy Programs that both reflect its mission and add value to the ongoing work of presenter, artist, audience, and community constituencies. The major programs include:
- Performance Residency Program: provides subsidies to NPN Partners to present performing artists from other communities within the United States for one- or two-week stays. Artists presented under the NPN Performance Residency model are required to work under the NPN standard contract and fee structure.
- VAN Exhibition Residency Program: provides subsidies to VAN Partners to exhibit and host visual artists from other communities within the United States for one- or two-week stays. Artists exhibited under the VAN Exhibition Residency model are required to work under the VAN standard contract and fee structure.
- Creation Fund: provides commissioning support to local or out-of-town artists toward the creation of new work. The Forth Fund provides additional resources to the new work.
- Community Fund: enhances the connections between an NPN Partner’s local community and the national artists participating in Performance Residency or Creation Fund programs.
- LANE: in partnership with the Nonprofit Finance Fund, is a years-long initiative to move talk about cultural equity into action by providing training and resources to NPN/VAN Partners.