Want to be a Summer Intern
The South Arts internship program provides learning opportunities and on-the-job experience to college juniors/seniors, graduate students, and recent college graduates with a professional interest in arts administration. During the summer South Arts also selects a Performing Arts Exchange Intern that works exclusively with the Performing Arts Exchange Director on the upcoming conference. All South Arts Internships are paid.
Undergraduate junior/senior, graduate student, or recent college graduate (within one year) with:
- Experience or demonstrated interest in the arts and/or arts administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to establish priorities and manage numerous assignments simultaneously
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel) and experience conducting Internet-based research are required
- Knowledge of any of the following is desirable, but not required: Microsoft Outlook, Blackbaud/Kintera, Audacity, Facebook, YouTube, and/or Twitter
- Graphic design and/or video editing skills are a plus
- Experience in managing databases in Excel, Access, or any kind of registration system
How to Apply
Email the following to Bola Ogunlade, email@example.com. Please include “Summer 2012 Internship” or “Performing Arts Exchange Internship 2012″ in the subject line of your email.
- Cover letter discussing career goals, computer skills, and when you are available to start (Start and end dates are flexible provided that a full term is completed.)
- Academic/professional résumé
- Names and contact information for two academic and/or professional references
Application deadline is Monday, April 16, 2012.
For questions, please contact Bola Ogunlade at firstname.lastname@example.org /404-201-7938, 1800 Peachtree Street, Suite 808, Atlanta, GA 30309
For additional information visit www.southarts.org